Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in science, engineering or related field with satisfactory performance. Transcript from the applicant’s undergraduate institution and letters of recommendation from at least two former instructors are required. A recruitment committee will evaluate the applications and conduct interview if necessary.
English Proficiency Requirement
1. Applicants who received their Bachelor’s / Master’s degree from a university where the medium of instruction was not English are required to provide any of the following as proof of English proficiency:
- Obtained a TOEFL* score of 550 (paper-based examination) / 80 (internet-based examination) or,
- Obtained an IELTS* score of 6.0 or above with no sub-score lower than 5.5 or,
- Obtained a CET6 score of 430 or above.
*Note: TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years from the test date.
2. Applicants who received their Bachelor’s / Master’s degree from a university where the medium of instruction was English are required to provide a proof of English as the medium of instruction, if deemed necessary, issued by the applicants’ university where their Bachelor’s / Master’s degree was obtained (UM’s current students and graduates are not required to provide such proof).