Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering
+853 8822 9947
N23 Research Building, Room 3001
University of Macau
Avenida da Universidade
Taipa, Macau, China
CHEN Binmeng 陳斌猛
Assistant Professor, Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering
Ph.D., Civil and Environmental Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, 2018.
M.S., Civil and Environmental Engineering, The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong, 2012.
B.S, Chemical Engineering, Southeast University, Nanjing, China, 2010.
Waste-driven Nano-material fabrication & modification
Thermal management material (hydration heat, electrical device heat, etc.)
Next-generation cement-based material (In-situ polymer cement, low carbon concrete, 3D printed concrete, etc.)
Binmeng Chen, Honggang Zhu*, Bo Li, Manlung Sham, Zongjin Li, Study on the fire resistance performance of cementitious composites containing recycled glass cullets (RGCs). Construction and Building Materials 242 (2020), 117992. Impact factor: 6.141.
Binmeng Chen, Gang Qiao, Dongshuai Hou*, Muhan Wang, Zongjin Li, Cement-based material modified by in-situ polymerization: From experiments to molecular dynamics investigation. Composites Part B: Engineering 194 (2020), 108036. Impact factor: 9.078.
Binmeng Chen, Hongyu Shao*, Bo Li, Zongjin Li, Influence of Silane on hydration characteristics and mechanical properties of cement paste. Cement and Concrete Composites, Volume 113, October 2020, 103743. Impact factor: 7.586.
Binmeng Chen, Bo Li*, Yan Gao, Tung-Chai Ling, Zeyu Lu, Zongjin Li, Investigation on electrically conductive aggregates produced by incorporating carbon fiber and carbon black. Construction and Building Materials 144 (2017) 106–114. Impact factor: 6.141.
Hongyu Shao, Binmeng Chen*, Bo Li, Shengwen Tang, Zongjin Li, Influence of dispersants on the properties of CNTs reinforced cement-based materials. Construction and Building Materials 131 (2017) 186–194. Impact factor: 6.141.
Assistant Professor, Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering, University of Macau
Project Leader, Nano and Advanced Material Institute (NAMI), Hong Kong
Senior Engineer, Nano and Advanced Material Institute (NAMI), Hong Kong
Engineer, Nano and Advanced Material Institute (NAMI), Hong Kong
Principle Investigator Experience: (2018-present)
- Nanotechnology for Reclaimed Asphalt Pavement (RAP) (Project Code: ITP/009/18NI), 2018-2020, HK$ 4,500,000, Hong Kong Innovation and Technology Commission Funding, Principle Investigator
- Nano-enhanced Concrete Paving Blocks (CPBs) with reduced efflorescence (Project Code: PRP/037/19NI), 2019-2021, Hong Kong Innovation and Technology Commission Funding, HK$ 2,750,000, Principle Investigator
- Development of Rubberized Asphalt by Dry Process for Structural Layer of Flexible Pavement (Project Code: ITP/008/20NP), 2020-2022, Hong Kong Innovation and Technology Commission Funding, HK$ 7,000,000, Principle Investigator
- Public Sector Trial Scheme: Nanotechnology for Reclaimed Asphalt Pavement (RAP) (Project Code: ITT/001/21NI), 2021-present, Hong Kong Innovation and Technology Commission Funding, HK$ 4,200,000, Principle Investigator
- Eco-materials for Digital Construction by 3D printing (Project Code: ITP/016/22NP), 2022-present, Hong Kong Innovation and Technology Commission Funding, HK$ 12,500,000, Principle Investigator
Invited peer reviewer: (2017-present)
- Cement and Concrete Composites (Elsevier)
- Construction and Building Materials (Elsevier)
- Materials and design (Elsevier)
- Materials Today Communications (Elsevier)
Member, Hong Kong Concrete Institute (HKCI) (2020-present)
Gold Award, International Exhibition of Inventions of Geneva 2022.
- Binmeng CHEN; Honggang ZHU; Man Lung SHAM; Yifei YAN; Bo LI. Fire Resistant Eco Concrete Blocks Containing Waste Glass. US patent, Publication NO.: US2019/0092685 A1.
- Kai Tai Wan, Su Ping Bao, Hong Gang Zhu, Ran Yuan Wang, Bin Meng CHEN. Hydrophobic coating composition and method of imparting hydrophobicity onto a surface. US patent, Publication Number: 9217069.
- Bo LI, Tung-chai LING, Bin-meng CHEN, Kai-tai WAN, Yi-fei YAN, Yuet-kee LAM, Man Lung SHAM. Multi-layer fabric reinforced cementitious matrix and application method thereof. US patent, Publication Number: 20170165941.
Prof. Binmeng CHEN’s research group