Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering
University of Macau
Avenida da Universidade
Taipa, Macau, China
PAN Hui 潘暉
Associate Director, Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering
Professor, Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering
B.Sc., Electronic Materials and Devices, Xidian University, Xi’an, China, 1997.
Nanodevices (ReRAM and PRAM)
Fabrication and first-principles design of materials
Condensed Matter Physics
Solid State Physics
Advanced Instrumentation for Materials Characterization
Dong Liu, Haoqiang Ai, Jielei Li, Mingliang Fang, Mingpeng Chen, Di Liu, Xinyu Du, Pengfei Zhou, Feifei Li, Kin Ho Lo, Yuxin Tang, Shi Chen*, Lei Wang*, Guichuan Xing*, and Hui Pan*, Surface Reconstruction and Phase Transition on Vanadium-Cobalt-Iron Trimetal Nitrides to Form Active Oxyhydroxide for Enhanced Electrocatalytic Water Oxidation. Adv. Energy Mater. 10, 2002464 (2020). (Cover page article)
Rui Tong, Kar Wei Ng, Xina Wang, Shuangpeng Wang*, Xuesen Wang, and Hui Pan*, Two-Dimensional Materials as Novel Co-Catalysts for Efficient Solar-Driven Hydrogen Production. J. Mater. Chem. A 8, 23202 – 23230 (2020).
Mingpeng Chen, Bing Ji, Ziyi Dai, Xinyu Du, Bingchen He, Ge Chen, Dong Liu, Shi Chen, Kin Ho Lo, Shuangpeng Wang*, Bingpu Zhou* and Hui Pan*, Vertically-aligned 1T/2H-MS2 (M= Mo, W) nanosheets for surface-enhanced Raman scattering with long-term stability and large-scale uniformity. Appl. Surf. Sci. 527, 146769 (2020).
Xinyu Du, Haoqiang Ai, Mingpeng Chen, Dong Liu, Shi Chen, Xuesen Wang, Kin Ho Lo* and Hui Pan*, PLD-fabricated perovskite oxide nanofilm as efficient electrocatalyst with highly enhanced water oxidation performance. Appl. Catal. B 272, 119046 (2020).
Dong Liu, Rui Tong, Yuanju Qu, Qing Zhu, Xiongwei Zhong, Mingliang Fang, Kin Ho Lo, Feifei Zhang, Yinchao Ye, Yuxing Tang, Shi Chen*, Guichuang Xing* and Hui Pan*, Highly Improved Electrocatalytic Activity of NiSx: Effects of Cr-doping and Phase Transition. Appl. Catal. B 267, 118721 (2020).
Zhiqin Ying, Xi Yang, Rui Tong, Qing Zhu, Tian Chen, Zhubing He*, and Hui Pan*, Enhancing the efficiency and stability of NiOx based silicon photoanode via interfacial engineering. ACS Appl. Energy Mater. 2, 6883−6890 (2019).
Yangfan Shao, Mengmeng Shao, Yoshiyuki Kawazoe, Xingqiang Shi*, and Hui Pan*, Exploring new two-dimensional monolayers: pentagonal transitional metal borides/carbides (penta-TMB/Cs), J. Mater. Chem. A 6, 10226–10232 (2018). Featured as “Back Cover” article and selected as a Hot Article on the journal for 2018.
Mengmeng Shao, Yangfan Shao, Jianwei Chai, Yuanju Qu, Mingyang Yang, Zeli Wang, Ming Yang, Weng Fai Ip, Chi Tat Kwok, Xingqiang Shi, Zhouguang Lu, Shijie Wang, Xuesen Wang, and Hui Pan*, Synergistic Effect of 2D Ti2C and g-C3N4 for efficient photocatalytic hydrogen production. J. Mater. Chem. A, 5, 16748–16756 (2017).
Yangfan Shao, Xingqiang Shi*, and Hui Pan*, Electronic, Magnetic, and Catalytic Properties of Thermodynamically Stable Two-Dimensional Transition-Metal Phosphides. Chem. Mater. 29, 8892–8900 (2017).
Yuanju Qu, Mingyang Yang, Jianwei Chai, Zhe Tang, Chi Tat Kwok, Ming Yang, Zhenyu Wang, Daniel Chua, Shijie Wang, Zhouguang Lu and Hui Pan*, Facile Synthesis of Vanadium-Doped Ni3S2 Nanowire Arrays as Active Electrocatalyst for Hydrogen Evolution Reaction. ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces 9, 5959–5967 (2017).
Professor, Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering, University of Macau
Aug 2017-Aug 2020
Associate Professor, Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering, University of Macau
Aug 2013-Aug 2017
Assistant Professor, Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering, University of Macau
Apr 2013-Aug 2013
Senior Scientist I, Institute of High Performance Computing, Singapore
Apr 2012-Mar 2013
Scientist II, Institute of High Performance Computing, Singapore
May 2009-Mar 2012
Scientist I, Institute of High Performance Computing, Singapore
Apr 2008-Apr 2009
Postdoctoral Fellow, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, USA
Jan 2006-Mar 2008
Research Fellow, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Hui Pan, Mingpeng Chen, and Bingpu Zhou, “2D MS2 as Surface-enhanced Raman Scattering substrate for environmental and hygeian monitoring”, China Patent Application No. “202010683464.2”.
- Hui Pan, Dong Liu and Guichuang Xing, “Bi-functional and low-cost elctrocatalyst for high-efficient and stable full-water-splitting: Cr-doped NiSx”, 16/08/2019, China Patent Application No. “201910758027. X”.
- Hui Pan and Mengmeng Shao, “MoS2/Mo2C/CdS: a super-efficient photocatalyst for hydrogen evolution”, 21/11/2018, China Patent Application No. “201811323293.1”.
- Hui Pan and Xiongwei Zhong, “Carbon-Coated N-rich C3N4 as an anode material for Lithium Battery”, 12/02/2018, China Patent Application No. “201810148357.2”.
- Hui Pan and Yuanju Qu, “TiS2: an excellent cathodic electrocatalyst for hydrogen production in electrolysis of water”, 26/09/2017, China Patent Application No. “201710917164.4”.
- Soo Jin Chua, Hailong Zhou, Jianyi Lin, Hui Pan, “Method of ZnO Film Grown on the Epitaxial Lateral Overgrowth GaN Template”, 04/25/2006, US Provisional Patent Application No. 60/794,775.
- Hui Pan, Jianyi Lin, Yuan Ping Feng, “Supercapacitor from Carbon Tubes-in-Tube Nanostructures”, 03/01/2006, US Provisional Patent Application No. 60/777,547.
- Hui Pan, Jianyi Lin, Yuan Ping Feng, “Synthesis of Mg doped ZnO Nanowires and Their Applications to Optical Devices and Hydrogen Storage”, 07/13/2005, US Provisional Patent Application No. 60/698,476.
- Hui Pan, Jianyi Lin, Jun Ding, Yuan Ping Feng, “Single Crystal Growth of Magnetic Nanowires”, 11/02/2004, US Provisional Patent Application No. 60/607,111.
Member of Materials Research Society of Singapore (MRS-S, Singapore) (2012-present)
Member of Physical Society of Macau (PSM, Macau) (2016-present)
Regular reviewer for more than 40 international SCI journals, such as Chemistry of Materials, ACS Nano, Physical Review B, Journal of Physical Chemistry, ACS Applied Materials & Interface, New Journal of Physics, Journal of Power Sources, Energy & Environmental Science, and Applied Catalyst B: Environmental (2008-present)