Professor, Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering
Ph.D., Physics, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2006.
B.Sc., Electronic Materials and Devices, Xidian University, Xi’an, China, 1997.
Energy harvesting and storage (photocatalysis, electrocatalysis, water splitting, CO2/N2/NO3 reduction, fuel cell, solar cell, supercapacitor, etc.)
Nanodevices (ReRAM and PRAM)
Fabrication and first-principles design of materials
Condensed Matter Physics
Undergraduate Courses Solid State Physics
Ph.D. Courses Advanced Instrumentation for Materials Characterization
1. Di Liu, Lulu Qiao, Shuyang Peng, Haoyun Bai, Chunfa Liu, Weng Fai Ip, Kin Ho Lo, Hongchao Liu, Kar Wei Ng, Shuangpeng Wang*, Xiaozhan Yang, and Hui Pan*, Recent Advances in Electrocatalysts for Efficient Nitrate Reduction to Ammonia. Adv. Func. Mater., 122293 (2023).
2. Jinxian Feng, Junyan Li, Lulu Qiao, Dong Liu, Pengfei Zhou, Jun Ni and Hui Pan*, Reconstructed Anti-Poisoning Surface for Enhanced Electrochemical CO2 Reduction on Cu-Incorporated ZnO. Appl. Catal. B 330, 122665 (2023).
3. Di Liu, Lulu Qiao, Yuyun Chen, Pengfei Zhou, Jinxian Feng, Chon Chio Leong, Kar Wei Ng, Shengjie Peng, Shuangpeng Wang*, Weng Fai Ip, and Hui Pan*, Electrocatalytic Reduction of Nitrate to Ammonia on Low-Cost Manganese-incorporated Co3O4 nanotubes. Appl. Catal. B 324, 122293 (2023).
4. Haoyun Bai, Jinxian Feng, Di Liu, Pengfei Zhou, Rucheng Wu, Chi Tat Kwok, Weng Fai Ip, Wenlin Feng, Xulei Sui, Hongchao Liu*, and Hui Pan*, Advances in Spin Catalysts for Oxygen Evolution and Reduction Reactions, Small 11, 2205638 (2023). (Hot Topic: Magnetic Materials)
5. Lulu Qiao, Anquan Zhu, Di Liu, Jinxian Feng, Yuyun Chen, Mingpeng Chen, Pengfei Zhou, Lihong Yin, Rucheng Wu, Kar Wei Ng*, and Hui Pan*, Crystalline phosphides/amorphous oxides composite for energy-saving hydrogen production assisted by efficient urea oxidation reaction. Chem. Eng. J 454, 140380 (2023).
Hui Pan, Rucheng Wu, and Di Liu, A simple way to make Si-based photoelectrode with active layer for Solar-driven water splitting with high Saturation Photocurrent. 31/10/2022, China Patent Application No. “202211344350.0″.
Hui Pan, Di Liu, Shuangpeng Wang, Lulu Qiao, and Kar-Wei Ng, Low-cost electrocatalyst for high-efficient and stable nitrate reduction reaction. 28/07/2022, China Patent Application No. “202210554712.2”.
Hui Pan, Pengfei Zhou, Shuangpeng Wang, and Kar-Wei Ng, Bi-functional and low-cost electrocatalyst for high-efficient and stable full-water-splitting: stainless steel treated by simple anodization in saline. 16/06/2021, China Patent Application No. “202110856193.0”.
Hui Pan, Dong Liu and Guichuang Xing, “Bi-functional and low-cost elctrocatalyst for high-efficient and stable full-water-splitting: Cr-doped NiSx”, 13/12/2022, Granted, China Patent No. “ZL201910758027. X”.
Hui Pan and Mengmeng Shao, “MoS2/Mo2C/CdS: a super-efficient photocatalyst for hydrogen evolution”, 30/08/2020, Granted, China Patent No. “ZL201811323293.1”.
Hui Pan and Xiongwei Zhong, “Carbon-Coated N-rich C3N4 as an anode material for Lithium Battery”, 12/02/2018, Granted, China Patent No. ZL 201810148357.2.
Hui Pan and Yuanju Qu, “TiS2: an excellent cathodic electrocatalyst for hydrogen production in electrolysis of water”, 26/09/2017, Granted. China Patent No. ZL 201710917164.4.
Soo Jin Chua, Hailong Zhou, Jianyi Lin, Hui Pan, “Method of ZnO Film Grown on the Epitaxial Lateral Overgrowth GaN Template”, 04/25/2006, US Provisional Patent Application No. 60/794,775.
Hui Pan, Jianyi Lin, Yuan Ping Feng, “Supercapacitor from Carbon Tubes-in-Tube Nanostructures”, 03/01/2006, US Provisional Patent Application No. 60/777,547.
Hui Pan, Jianyi Lin, Yuan Ping Feng, “Synthesis of Mg doped ZnO Nanowires and Their Applications to Optical Devices and Hydrogen Storage”, 07/13/2005, US Provisional Patent Application No. 60/698,476.
Hui Pan, Jianyi Lin, Jun Ding, Yuan Ping Feng, “Single Crystal Growth of Magnetic Nanowires”, 11/02/2004, US Provisional Patent Application No. 60/607,111.
Member of Materials Research Society of Singapore (MRS-S, Singapore) (2012-present)
Member of Physical Society of Macau (PSM, Macau) (2016-present)
Regular reviewer for more than 40 international SCI journals, such as Chemistry of Materials, ACS Nano, Physical Review B, Journal of Physical Chemistry, ACS Applied Materials & Interface, New Journal of Physics, Journal of Power Sources, Energy & Environmental Science, and Applied Catalyst B: Environmental (2008-present)