Professor, Institute of Applied Physics and Materials Engineering
Ph.D., Physics, National University of Singapore, Singapore, 2006.
B.Sc., Electronic Materials and Devices, Xidian University, Xi’an, China, 1997.
Energy harvesting and storage (photocatalysis, electrocatalysis, biomass, CO2 and N2 reductions, fuel cell, solar cell, battery, supercapacitor, and hydrogen production/storage)
Nanodevices (ReRAM and PRAM)
Fabrication and first-principles design of materials
Condensed Matter Physics
Undergraduate Courses Solid State Physics
Ph.D. Courses Advanced Instrumentation for Materials Characterization
Most Recent Publications
1. Pengfei Zhou, Pengda Niu, Jishan Liu, Nian Zhang, Haoyun Bai, Mingpeng Chen, Jinxian Feng, Di Liu, Litong Wang, Shi Chen, Chi Tat Kwok, Yuxin Tang*, Ruidi Li*, Shuangpeng Wang*, and Hui Pan*, Anodized steel: the most promising bifunctional electrocatalyst for alkaline water electrolysis in industry. Adv. Funct. Mater. 32, 2202068 (2022).
2. Haoqiang Ai, Feifei Li, Haoyun Bai, Dong Liu, Kin Ho Lo*, Shengyuan A. Yang, Yoshiyuki Kawazoe, and Hui Pan*, Ferroelectricity Co-existed with p-Orbital Ferromagnetism and Metallicity in Two-Dimensional Metal Oxynitrides. NPJ Comput. Mater. 8, 60 (2022).
3. Mingpeng Chen, Di Liu, Jinxian Feng, Pengfei Zhou, Lulu Qiao, Wenlin Feng, Yuyun Chen, Kar Wei Ng, Shuangpeng Wang*, Weng Fai Ip, and Hui Pan*, In-situ generation of Ni-CoOOH through deep reconstruction for durable alkaline water electrolysis. Chem. Eng. J. 443, 136432 (2022).
4. Haoyun Bai, Shiying Shen, Feifei Li, Jiazhong Geng, Wenlin Feng, Hongchao Liu*, Weng Fai Ip, Yunhao Lu, and Hui Pan*, M4B6X6 as a New Family of High-Efficient Electrocatalysts: The Role of Surface Reconstruction in Water Oxidization. ChemSusChem 15, e202200280 (2022).
5. Tianwei He, Alain R. Puente Santiago, Youchao Kong, Md Ariful Ahsan, Rafael Luque,* Aijun Du,* and Hui Pan*, Atomically Dispersed Heteronuclear Dual-Atom Catalysts: A New Rising Star in Atomic Catalysis. Small 18, 2106091 (2022).
Hui Pan, Mingpeng Chen, and Bingpu Zhou, “2D MS2 as Surface-enhanced Raman Scattering substrate for environmental and hygeian monitoring”, China Patent Application No. “202010683464.2”.
Hui Pan, Dong Liu and Guichuang Xing, “Bi-functional and low-cost elctrocatalyst for high-efficient and stable full-water-splitting: Cr-doped NiSx”, 16/08/2019, China Patent Application No. “201910758027. X”.
Hui Pan and Mengmeng Shao, “MoS2/Mo2C/CdS: a super-efficient photocatalyst for hydrogen evolution”, 21/11/2018, China Patent Application No. “201811323293.1”.
Hui Pan and Xiongwei Zhong, “Carbon-Coated N-rich C3N4 as an anode material for Lithium Battery”, 12/02/2018, China Patent Application No. “201810148357.2”.
Hui Pan and Yuanju Qu, “TiS2: an excellent cathodic electrocatalyst for hydrogen production in electrolysis of water”, 26/09/2017, China Patent Application No. “201710917164.4”.
Soo Jin Chua, Hailong Zhou, Jianyi Lin, Hui Pan, “Method of ZnO Film Grown on the Epitaxial Lateral Overgrowth GaN Template”, 04/25/2006, US Provisional Patent Application No. 60/794,775.
Hui Pan, Jianyi Lin, Yuan Ping Feng, “Supercapacitor from Carbon Tubes-in-Tube Nanostructures”, 03/01/2006, US Provisional Patent Application No. 60/777,547.
Hui Pan, Jianyi Lin, Yuan Ping Feng, “Synthesis of Mg doped ZnO Nanowires and Their Applications to Optical Devices and Hydrogen Storage”, 07/13/2005, US Provisional Patent Application No. 60/698,476.
Hui Pan, Jianyi Lin, Jun Ding, Yuan Ping Feng, “Single Crystal Growth of Magnetic Nanowires”, 11/02/2004, US Provisional Patent Application No. 60/607,111.
Member of Materials Research Society of Singapore (MRS-S, Singapore) (2012-present)
Member of Physical Society of Macau (PSM, Macau) (2016-present)
Regular reviewer for more than 40 international SCI journals, such as Chemistry of Materials, ACS Nano, Physical Review B, Journal of Physical Chemistry, ACS Applied Materials & Interface, New Journal of Physics, Journal of Power Sources, Energy & Environmental Science, and Applied Catalyst B: Environmental (2008-present)